Friday, February 10, 2012

First Comparison! pale blue

Hey polish lovers! (and cookie lovers :)
Today we have my first comparison.....
Trumpets sound!!!! 
We are going to be comparing some of the different sky/pale blue creme polishes in my collection. I feel that this is one color that many polish companies have made dupes too and definitely a very common color. 
Pretty none the less. :) I am especially drawn to this color because I love blue!!! BLUE BLUE BLUE
*sorry in advance for messy clean up, I was too lazy to clean up in between coats*
On the nail, the polishes are in the opposite order that you see here:
pointer- Essie, middle- Wet n Wild, ring- Revlon, pinky-  Cosmetic Arts

Cosmetic Arts (no name), Revlon Minted, Wet n Wild I Need a Refresh-Mint, Essie Turquoise and Caicos
All swatches in this post are shown with Orly Nail Defense base coat and no top coat.

 As you can see, the formula for the first coat for all was a bit streaky...
direct sunlight
1 coat

shade
1 coat
After 2 coats, you start to see more apparent color differences and levels of opacity...

sunlight
2 coats 



shade
2 coats
 And with three, almost all are opaque with their semi different colors...
sunlight
3 coats

shade
3 coats
Conclusion: My favorite color was Essie T&C (I just loved the semi squishy jelly like feel)... a close second both color and formula wise would be Wet n Wild INRM. Revlon M turned out to be more of a pale green color. Cosmetic Arts had similar color to Wet n Wild INRM, but came in last formula wise. I think its worth it to buy both the Wet n Wild (only $1.99) and the Essie ($7.99).

Soooooo... what did you guys think?!! 
I <3 comments! suggestions?!
thanks for watching!

-Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment